» Student Accommodation Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find a number of frequently asked questions relating to student accommodation. Click on a question to reveal the answer.
Fill out application form and submit. You will receive an email informing you that we have received your application and that we will be in contact.
If we have a vacancy we will send you an email asking you for a booking deposit of €250. You will pay the €250 via a secure on-line link which is contained in the email. You have twenty four hours in which to pay the deposit.
On receipt of the €250 we will confirm that a place has been reserved for you.
- For full year EU degree students it is Monday 2nd September 2013–Sunday 1st June 2014, 39 weeks in total.
- For students who are attending for Autumn Semester only the dates are Monday 2nd September to Monday 30th December 2013.
- For students who are attending UCC for Spring Semester only the dates are Thursday 2nd January 2014 to Sunday 1st June 2014.
If you are a non first year you must cancel your place on or before Friday 26th July, 2013. We must receive your cancellation by email/letter. If you cancel after this date you lose all your deposit.
Our prefered mehod for payment of rent is online using a credit/debit card. If, however, you are unable to pay using these methods please contact reception for further advice.
- Refundable Booking/Security Deposit: €250.00
- Utilities (Electricity, T.V. & Refuse): €450.00
Incoming First Years 2013/14: The first instalment and the utilities deposit must be paid by Wednesday 28th August 2013.
Full Year international, Postgraduate, Non first year undergraduate’s and Early Starts: The first instalment and utilities deposit must be paid by Monday August 5th, 2013.
Please note that although you may hav ebokked a room with a deposit, we are not obliged to hold that room should you miss rent payment deadlines.
The student portal is a self service facility that becomes available once you have made an online booking. It allows applicants to apply online and then have access to certain activities . You can review your financial payments, print an up-to-date statement, review and print your lease agreement, pay online with just a few clicks.
- Students register their laptop at the following link: http://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/wireless/ (Website can only be accessed on campus at a UCC terminal)
- Students then call to the Computer Centre Helpdesk in the Boole Basement with their laptop and UCC Student ID Card and they will complete the registration phase.
Students should note that as well as registering your laptop you are entitled to register one additional handheld device such as a smartphone.
The staff member takes the required information from the laptop and uploads it to the Computer Centre’s Proteus database.
The student will then be authorised by the UCC Computer Centre.
Once authorised, the student can access the internet in their room. They will need an Ethernet cable, which can be purchased from reception. The whole process can take three or four working days.
N.B Students have access to free Wi-Fi in the VL Common Room which does not require authorisation.
Student’s then call to the Computer Centre Helpdesk in the Boole Basement with their laptop and UCC Student ID Card and they will complete the registration phase.
The procedure is quite simple and is as follows:
- Go to the student helpdesk in the Boole Basement with your valid UCC Student ID
- A staff member will verify your identity and update our records to show that you wish to remain on the wireless network for another year.
- If you do not re-register your account will be de-activated
Castlewhite Apartments do not sell phone credit.
Victoria Lodge has four bedrooms for students with a disability. Two of these are linked by a bathroom where one bedroom would be occupied by the student, and the other occupied by a personal assistant. All four rooms, and the apartments they are in, are wheel chair accessible and equipped with beds, bathrooms, kitchens and living rooms designed for students with a disability. All bedrooms are located on the ground floor with automatic doors providing entrance into the apartment.
University Hall has four wheelchair accessible bedrooms.
Castlewhite: There are four rooms adapted for students with special needs, within the five bedroom apartments.